The following tech note will detail to you what special privileges are given to each Tallys User Group.
Those not in the Accounting group cannot do the following:
- Click the payroll button on the main menu.
- Click payroll tab in the Contact input form.
- Complete and/or uncomplete invoices.
- Set an invoice close date.
- Create, save or view Great Plains exports.
Those not in the Admin group cannot do the following:
- View or modify any preference other than the one for their specific login.
- Change the rack number of a rack in the rack input form.
- Uncomplete a completed Dispatch.
- Open and close StockCards.
- Use the complete checkbox.
- Tools > Execute Command.
- List > Delete Selection.
- Tally > Void this Tally.
- Tally > Correct this Tally.
The Delete (trash) button on the following Input forms are deactivated for those not in the admin group:
- Pipe Sizes
- Pipe Grades
- Pipe Threads
- Pipe Weights
- Pipe Conditions
- Pipe Manufacturers
- Pipe Ranges
- Pipe Wall
- Pipe Category
- Regular Quote
- Pipe Quote
- Check Lists
- Everaz Sites
Those not in the Management group cannot do the following:
- Save any preference.
- Change both tax rates in the header (uncompleted invoices only).
- Access to the Admin Palette.
- Re-import user information after code update